Welcome to GEM TV: An engaging and energetic video platform focussed on student wellbeing.
2021 GEM TV episodes:
- New episodes will be released each weekday from September 13-17.
- New episodes are released at 2pm each day.
- Episodes are intended for a primary school and early childhood audience.
- Each episode explores a different evidence-based principle linked to positive mental health: Gratitude, Empathy, Mindfulness, Emotional Literacy and Connection
2020 GEM TV episodes:
2020 Book Week readings:
Introducing The Resilience Project's
The Digital Program has been developed to extend the accessibility and reach of wellbeing presentations and curriculum across Australia. Developed with the brightest minds in education, psychology, film production and technology, the program includes a series of engaging videos and digital lessons for the classroom, staff room and home.
Program content covers the key wellbeing strategies of Gratitude, Empathy, Mindfulness and Emotional Literacy. Online lessons are complemented by year-long curriculum tailored to each year level, implemented via online Teacher Resources and hard copy Student Journals.
The Digital Program is available in Primary or Secondary options and consists of:
How to get started with the Digital Program
Limited positions available - please enquire now
Digital Program Frequently Asked Questions
The Digital Program has been developed to extend the accessibility and reach of wellbeing presentations and curriculum across Australia. With our mission to teach positive mental health strategies to help people become happier and more resilient – The Resilience Project is committed to providing innovative and engaging programs to support mental health. The Digital Program harnesses online learning to make teaching and learning about wellbeing in the classroom easy, meaningful and fun.
A Teaching Resource containing the lesson plan, as well as multiple online lessons (approx 50 minutes long containing a variety of videos and activities) are accessed via Teachable. Teachers are given individual access to login and share lessons in the classroom via Smartbaord. Complementing the digital component, is a year-long curriculum for students (with lessons tailored to each year level), completed via hard copy Student Journals.
The Resilience Project is a process of psychosocial/wellbeing development and learning which helps children prepare mentally and socially for life’s experiences. Specially, children learn about;
- Gratitude, which helps them acknowledge what they have, and gives them skills to accept the circumstances of their lives.
- Empathy, so that children learn to reach a level of compassion and care for themselves and others.
- Mindfulness, which allows children the skills of awareness towards themselves and their environment.
Emotional literacy, which is the ability to label, frame and express one’s emotions. This is a key to emotional regulation.
Parents and caregivers are highly encouraged to learn with the child and support in the process of learning. The Digital Program includes communications for a school to guide parents and caregivers through a set of videos. These are designed to help parents understand more about the program and how to support their children’s wellbeing.
Lessons are provided via Teachable, an online learning platform. After partnering with The Resilience Project, schools are sent instructions that step through staff how to access the curriculum.
The curriculum ranges from Foundation to year 12.
- Teacher presentations – 4 x 15-minute bite-size Professional Development sessions, including videos and activities.
- Student presentations – Age-specific videos sharing storytelling, animations and GEM concepts (4 x videos each for P–3, 4–6, 7–9, 10–12)
- Parent/carer presentations – 4x videos and program information (no login for parents)
- Digital teacher resource – year-level specific curriculum with up to 30 lesson plans
- Online lessons – 4 x year-level specific, delivered into the classroom via smartboard
- Student journals* – Individual hard copy journals for each student linked to Teacher Resource. *purchased separately